“Pushing Luck” Documentary to Premiere Statewide
NoCasinos.org announces the statewide premiere of gambling documentary “Pushing Luck,” a short documentary film that examines the question of whether government’s policy of sponsoring casinos has failed. From Miami to Atlantic City to Chicago and elsewhere, filmmakers interview recovering addicts, former industry insiders, political leaders, and noted academicians to uncover the roots of gambling in Florida, the nature of the industry that pushed it, and its consequences for American social, political and economic life.
See movie trailer for Pushing Luck by clicking here.
Pushing Luck screenings will take place in the following cities and dates. The events are free and open to the public. Concessions are complimentary.
- Orlando – Monday, February 24th, 5:30pm – 7:30pm at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center, Loch Haven Park, 812 East Rollins Street, Orlando, FL 32803
- Pensacola – Tuesday, February 25th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm (CST) at New World Landing Event Center, 600 S Palafox Street, Pensacola, FL 32502
- Tampa – Wednesday, February 26, 5:00pm – 7:00pm at Cobb Cine Bistro Hyde Park, 1609 West Swann Avenue, Tampa, FL 33606
- Miami – Wednesday, February 26, 5:00pm – 7:00pm at Renaissance at the Gables, 2340 SW 32nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33145
- Jacksonville – Thursday, February 27, 6:30pm – 8:00pm at Museum of Contemporary Art, 333 NOrth Laura Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Miami Beach – TBD